I did it...I woke up this morning, got up, and got Maddie ready for her first day of school. I got her all settled in with all of her stuff for her crib, etc. at daycare and just stepped back for a while and observed. Everything was great - everyone was holding and cooing over her until of course, another baby needed attention. Then, Madison was put in her crib, left talking to the mobile I had brought her. I just sat there, and watched her by herself in her crib, talking and no one listening. I lost it. I completely broke down right then and there when I realized that strangers are now watching my little girl and she's not the center of their world, as she is mine. My heart just broke in a million pieces. I know she has to go, and I know I can't stay home and that they are good people and will take care of her. I know that in time, this will get easier but this morning KILLED me and I'm counting the minutes, no seconds until I can go pick her up. Walking out those doors was the hardest thing I've ever done.
1 comment:
Oh Sarah! I will say a prayer that we both win the lotto so we can stay home full time :)
Post a Comment