Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ugh! I'm just totally at a loss for what to do! I met Chip and Madison at the emergency room yesterday after work. She's become dehydrated from all the vomiting and dirty diapers. They attempted to give her and IV twice and both times were unsuccessful. My poor baby. She just feels horrible and is not doing better. I decided to play doctor yesterday and stop giving her the antibiotics. It seemed to be doing more harm than good. Good news is, it stopped her from vomiting - bad news is now I think she is sick with a cold or something. She's having a hard time breathing. I'm totally heart broken. I don't know what to do at this point to make her better. I'm taking her to the doctor today, (against my boss' wishes I'm sure - we'll see how that works out for me) I need to meet with the doctor face to face and figure out what is wrong. I hope to have some sort of positive outcome this afternoon.

1 comment:

Flake said...

Sarah,

I hope everything is OK with Madison by now. Your story reminds me of your cousin Lia when she as 2 and had so many episodes of 105 fever, colds, diarreah, etc caused by ear infections. I so resisted having tubes put in but after giving her cool baths at all hours of the night, calling her pediatrician all the time and missing work, we agreed to the tubes and it made her life so much better. I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT SOONER. She suffered so much.

Please keep me posted on her progess.

Love,
Aunt Prunie (Ha, Ha, that looks funny doesn't it?)