
Ugh - Pizza disaster! It's a RARE occasion when I get excited about cooking so it's sad that it always seems to turn out this way for me!
On Saturday, Chip and I decided to get the neighborhood kids together and let them play in the water and grill pizza's. I went to a friends house a few weeks back and she grilled pizza's that were amazing and surprisingly, diet friendly! I asked her for the recipe and went and got all the stuff to make the most gourmet pizza's Chip and I could come up with. Saturday morning arrives and I attempt to make the dough 3 times. It's like cement! It's horrible! Not only is it not edible, it's like ripping the skin and hair off my arms. Although discouraged, I take a break and a few hours later, I decide to try again. Same results. This time, instead of playing and kneading the stupid thing by hand, I just toss it out. 3rd time - again. At this point, I walk outside almost in tears I'm so frustrated and tell Chip to just order pizza's.
Just then, our neighbor, Pizza extraordinaire comes to my rescue. He has a fancy machine and whips some dough together in like 5 min! Angels are singing! I take my dough back to my house and let it sit. I start chopping all the veggies and meats you can imagine to make my magical pizzas then I receive the worst news! Our neighbor comes in and tells me the wheel on our grill collapsed and the grill went slamming down onto the concrete. To make matters worse, my chef, Chip, burned his hand badly trying to catch it from falling. By this time, it's late, the kids are tired and starving and I finally give up on my pizza making. What a nightmare.
Just then, our neighbor, Pizza extraordinaire comes to my rescue. He has a fancy machine and whips some dough together in like 5 min! Angels are singing! I take my dough back to my house and let it sit. I start chopping all the veggies and meats you can imagine to make my magical pizzas then I receive the worst news! Our neighbor comes in and tells me the wheel on our grill collapsed and the grill went slamming down onto the concrete. To make matters worse, my chef, Chip, burned his hand badly trying to catch it from falling. By this time, it's late, the kids are tired and starving and I finally give up on my pizza making. What a nightmare.
The silver lining, I walked out the next morning to find the grill, upright, sitting on a brick. I laughed to myself and thought, you know you live in a bad part of town when they put your grill on blocks :) So funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment